nounNorth American • informal
- A house in need of repairs (used chiefly in connection with the purchase of such a house).More example sentences
- She's looking to purchase a fixer-upper - a single-family home or three-unit apartment building - that she can get at a good price and resell later at a profit.
- I wanted to find a place in the country, an old house, a pretty fixer-upper, but most importantly without any established garden.
- He says it's best to buy a moderately priced home that can appreciate, or buy a fixer-upper, make the repairs, and reap the financial benefit.
More definitions of fixer-upperDefinition of fixer-upper in:
- The British & World English dictionary