- 1A person known for repairing things or putting things in order: he pictured himself as a Mr. FixitMore example sentences
- I love walking around there and I'm not even a fixit type.
- 1.1 [usually as modifier] An act of repairing or putting something right: a fixit shopMore example sentences
- It had been making these pained groaning sounds for a week or so now, but seemed to be responding to the well-placed kicks and turn-it-off-then-turn-it-on-again fixit method that I apply to all electronics.
- We took the lawnmower to the fixit man, as it made a fearsome noise when I started it.
- To someone like myself, with a long interest in tools but little education in anything but house owner's fixit implements, it was a continuing challenge and a guaranteed source of satisfaction.
early 20th century: from Little Miss Fixit, the title of a musical show.
More definitions of fixitDefinition of fixit in:
- The British & World English dictionary