noun (plural flâneurs pronunc. same)
- An idler or lounger.More example sentences
- The 19th-century French poet Charles Baudelaire called the flâneur the ‘perfect idler’ and the ‘passionate observer.’
- A discussion of the skateboarder as flâneur invokes Baudelaire and Benjamin, among others.
- Raising one eyebrow over a well-turned shoulder is about all this canine flâneur offers by way of a large hello.
French, from flâner 'saunter, lounge'.
More definitions of flâneurDefinition of flâneur in:
- The British & World English dictionary