- The rank attained by flag officers.More example sentences
- In 1972, the first Navy Nurse Corps officer, Alene Duerk, was appointed to the rank of rear admiral, becoming the first woman appointed to flag rank in the U.S. Navy.
- Among sister services, the Naval Academy class of 1908 is certainly in the running for that title, 32 of its graduates having attained flag rank.
- Before promotion to flag rank in 1970, he served in destroyers (including off Korea and Vietnam) and in share assignments including duty as executive assistant and naval aide to two Secretaries of the Navy.
More definitions of flag rankDefinition of flag rank in:
- The British & World English dictionary