Definition of flagship in English:
1The ship in a fleet that carries the commanding admiral.
- Cornwall is due to hand over her flagship duties to sister ship HMS Campbeltown in October.
- As the flagship of Admiral Lord Howe, she played an important part in the early stages of the war with France.
- It is the flagship of the fleet and is very large, you'll soon come to realize.
1.1The best or most important thing owned or produced by a particular organization: this bill is the flagship of the administration’s legislative program [as modifier]: their flagship product
More example sentences
- Perfume houses take very great care to ensure that the ingredients of their flagship products are kept under wraps.
- One of the joys of the flagship store in Freeport, Maine is that it is open 24 hours.
- We have been launching our flagship products in India for a long time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India