Definition of flagship in English:
1The ship in a fleet that carries the commanding admiral.
- Cornwall is due to hand over her flagship duties to sister ship HMS Campbeltown in October.
- As the flagship of Admiral Lord Howe, she played an important part in the early stages of the war with France.
- It is the flagship of the fleet and is very large, you'll soon come to realize.
1.1The best or most important thing owned or produced by a particular organization: this bill is the flagship of the administration’s legislative program [as modifier]: their flagship product
More example sentences
- Perfume houses take very great care to ensure that the ingredients of their flagship products are kept under wraps.
- One of the joys of the flagship store in Freeport, Maine is that it is open 24 hours.
- We have been launching our flagship products in India for a long time.