Definition of flamenco in English:
1A style of Spanish music, played especially on the guitar and accompanied by singing and dancing.
- It's been referred to as world music, flamenco, Spanish guitar, folk, etc, so how would you categorise it?
- Elements of flamenco, indigenous folk music, and contemporary harmonic complexity run through Kaufman's work.
- Lazily strummed blues to nervous flamenco in one short guitar solo.
1.1A style of spirited, rhythmical dance performed to flamenco music, often with castanets.
- They come in expecting to see Mexican folk dance or flamenco.
- The fusion of tap with flamenco, flamenco with Indian classical dance, or tap with Indian is not new in the experimentation of the foot cultures of the world.
- We find this quality in jazz and tap as well as in Euro-Afro dance forms such as flamenco and in world forms from Southeast Asia and the Indian subcontinent.
Late 19th century: Spanish, 'like a Gypsy', literally 'Fleming', from Middle Dutch Vlaminc.
Words that rhyme with flamencoLysenko, Yevtushenko
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.