1(Especially of a fabric) treated so as to be nonflammable.
- Keep the safety factor in mind when you make pajamas; flameproof fabric is often used for younger children's sleeping clothing.
- Cassocks are similarly inadvisable in a force 10 gale, replaced by the standard hard hat, flameproof overalls, safety goggles, boots and gloves.
- So, if we found a way to make anything flameproof, using your technology of course, you would have claim to most of our work?
nonflammable, noninflammable, flame-resistant, fire-resistant, flame-retardant
1.1(Of cookware) able to be used either in an oven or on a stove: a flameproof casserole
More example sentences
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large flameproof casserole or deep saucepan (one with a lid); it should be wide enough to hold all the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and fry the onions until golden brown, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Melt 25g of the butter in a flameproof casserole dish.
Make (something) flameproof.
- The octa formulation is used primarily to flameproof plastic casings on office equipment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.