Definition of flamingo in English:
noun (plural flamingos or flamingoes)
A tall wading bird with mainly pink or scarlet plumage and long legs and neck. It has a heavy bent bill that is held upside down in the water in order to filter-feed on small organisms.
- Family Phoenicopteridae: three genera and four species, in particular the greater flamingo (Phoenicopterus ruber)
- These include ostriches, macaws, toucans, flamingos, storks and cranes.
- Wetlands are a lure for geese, swans, ducks, egrets, storks, herons and the icon of the Camargue, the pink flamingo.
- The islands are home to many bird species, including fish eagles, ospreys and flamingos.
Definition of flamingo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan