- Freeze (food or other material) rapidly so as to prevent the formation of ice crystals: the steaks were flash-frozenMore example sentences
- Seeing an opportunity, Birdseye began to experiment with flash-freezing various foods and, in 1922, started his first food-service company, Birdseye Seafoods.
- Crystals were flash-frozen with liquid nitrogen, using the mother liquor as cryoprotectant.
- There are also select areas used to flash-freeze items that aren't frozen.
- More example sentences
- The modern chef has many tricks up his or her sleeve, including dehydrated powders, fluffy foams, emulsions, flash-freezers, extruders, flavoured salts, sugars, butters and herb oils.
More definitions of flash-freezeDefinition of flash-freeze in:
- The British & World English dictionary