- The use of an intense flash of light to bring about decomposition or dissociation in a heated gas, usually as a means of generating and studying short-lived molecules.More example sentences
- The photochemistry of ninhydrin in benzene and water was studied by laser flash photolysis and electron paramagnetic resonance.
- Both these mechanisms were studied by laser flash photolysis, which was used to monitor the formation of any reactive products upon excitation of aloe emodin.
- The authors used emission spectroscopy, laser flash photolysis and pulse radiolysis to measure a series of photophysical parameters of curcumin.
More definitions of flash photolysisDefinition of flash photolysis in:
- The British & World English dictionary