- 1.1A vehicle with a flat load-carrying area: [as modifier]: a flatbed truckMore example sentences
- Piggybacked on a flatbed, the vehicle was delivered back to the repair shop.
- Then swarms of military personnel combed the area and a tarp-covered flatbed truck rumbled out of the woods.
- Minneapolis police had a flatbed truck on location to help them confiscate bikes.
- 1.2 [as modifier] Denoting a letterpress printing machine in which the form is carried on a horizontal surface: a flatbed pressMore example sentences
- Probably the printers had gone home for the day, so there would have been no clanking flatbed press.
- Benjamin Day began his paper in 1833 without any capital, relying on a slow, hand-cranked flatbed press.
- Here she is pictured with a flatbed press in 1983.
- 1.3 Computing A scanner, plotter, or other device that keeps paper flat during use: [as modifier]: the flatbed technology lets paper enter and exit the printer directlyMore example sentences
- Among his many accomplishments, he developed the technology behind the flatbed scanner, and he is a leading expert in speech recognition.
- The team then spread each set of debris onto a flatbed scanner to record the particle sizes.
- The transparent sheet was scanned using a flatbed.
More definitions of flatbedDefinition of flatbed in:
- The British & World English dictionary