- Gas in or from the stomach or intestines, produced by swallowing air or by bacterial fermentation.More example sentences
- Failure to pass flatus or feces suggests intestinal obstruction.
- The bacterial activity also produces the C02 associated with increased flatus.
- However, fever, nausea, increased flatus and chronic diarrhea with malabsorption may occur.
mid 17th century: from Latin, literally 'blowing', from flare 'to blow'.
More definitions of flatusDefinition of flatus in:
- The British & World English dictionary