Definition of flatware in English:
1North American Eating utensils such as knives, forks, and spoons.
- Some of the decorative subjects on the Gorham knives and forks and other flatware presented here are discussed in the appendix.
- The coconut-shell flatware and serving utensils are fashionably cool.
- The figures on the flatware appear to be exact copies of figures designed originally to be applied to a small tankard.
1.1Relatively flat dishes such as plates and saucers. The opposite of hollowware.
- When you pack flatware like plates, saucers, etc., wrap each item separately and then combine in groups of three.
- Consequently no new patterns of flatware or hollowware were introduced by the leading makers, and after the war the companies resurrected old patterns.
- In 1961 she moved to Camden, Arkansas, where she created jewelry, hollowware, flatware, decorative wares, and personal accessories.
Words that rhyme with flatwareadware • hardware • glassware • shapewear
Definition of flatware in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.