Definition of flatware in English:
1North American Eating utensils such as knives, forks, and spoons.
- Some of the decorative subjects on the Gorham knives and forks and other flatware presented here are discussed in the appendix.
- The coconut-shell flatware and serving utensils are fashionably cool.
- The figures on the flatware appear to be exact copies of figures designed originally to be applied to a small tankard.
1.1Relatively flat dishes such as plates and saucers. The opposite of hollowware.
- When you pack flatware like plates, saucers, etc., wrap each item separately and then combine in groups of three.
- Consequently no new patterns of flatware or hollowware were introduced by the leading makers, and after the war the companies resurrected old patterns.
- In 1961 she moved to Camden, Arkansas, where she created jewelry, hollowware, flatware, decorative wares, and personal accessories.
Definition of flatware in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan