- A flutist.More example sentences
- Born in 1847, Andersen is considered one of the finest flutists of the late 19th century with his 188 études practically the core of every flautist's repertoire.
- The group has a wide repertoire and is led by Carol Green, a music teacher, choir trainer and flautist.
- I hope the brilliant tuba player, who tragically left us far too soon and the talented flautist, who shared the same lens on music and language, are organising many celestial, music festivals!
mid 19th century (superseding 17th-century flutist in British English use): from Italian flautista, from flauto 'flute'.
More definitions of flautistDefinition of flautist in:
- The British & World English dictionary