Definition of flavone in English:
1A colorless crystalline compound that is the basis of a number of white or yellow plant pigments.
- Flavonoids are plant derivatives of flavone with various degrees of hydroxylation and glycosidic substitutions.
- The flavone apigenin, found in high concentrations in parsley, provides an effect similar to that of 13C - protecting the body from bad estrogens.
- It has been recently reported the presence in Valeriana of the flavone 6-methylapigenin and the flavanone glycoside hesperidin.
1.1Any of the plant pigments of which flavone is the basis.
- In the pre-stages, when the base and stalk cells were not fully developed, Naturstoffreagent A gave an orange-yellow fluorescence to flavones.
- The secretory four-celled head showed up in the developing stage, becoming stained fluorescent orange with the Naturstoffreagent A which indicated flavones.
- Honeysuckle flowers contain flavonols, flavones, catechins, isoflavanones, and anthocyanins.
Words that rhyme with flavonebirthstone • endzone
Definition of flavone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan