Definition of fleabane in English:
A herbaceous plant of the daisy family, reputed to drive away fleas.
- Erigeron, Pulicaria, and other genera, family Compositae: in particular the pink-flowered common (or Philadelphia) fleabane (E. philadelphicus) and the white-flowered daisy fleabane (E. annus)
- Asters (Aster novi-belgii), butterfly weed, Coreopsis, fleabane, Jupiter's-beard, Lantana, lavender, Sedum, verbena, and yarrow all thrive on dry, sunny sites.
- Among the wildflowers are a red columbine, aster, figwort, wild sarsaparilla, fleabane, and avens.
- Some herbs that repel fleas include: juniper, pennyroyal, citronella, eucalyptus, cedar and Canadian fleabane.
Definition of fleabane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.