- A dingy, dirty place, especially a run-down movie theater.More example sentences
- I tend to come late to films that are on limited release, so that they are usually only showing in an art-house fleapit.
- But going back to the days when I was seeing these epics first time round, in the fleapits and bug-hutches of south-east Leeds - most of them converted music halls or disused chapels - we didn't give a hoot what the title of the film was.
- It seems like only yesterday that Glasgow hotels fitted into two categories only - grand old establishments that few could afford except on special occasions, and fleapits that you wouldn't kennel your dog in.
More definitions of fleapitDefinition of fleapit in:
- The British & World English dictionary