Definition of fleecy in English:
adjective (fleecier, fleeciest)
1(Especially of a towel or garment) made of or lined with a soft, warm fabric: a fleecy sweatshirt
More example sentences
- A soft, fleecy blanket covered her body and she felt warm.
- Stroller accessories such as rain, sun and wind shades and warm fleecy liners can keep your passenger toasty and dry.
- Ian returns with a sweatshirt and sweatpants, fleecy and smelling of soap and faint cologne.
2(Especially of a cloud) white and fluffy.
- Bill was carrying a pair of 7x50 binoculars, which gave him a closeup look at the rugged coastline with fleecy white clouds hovering over the mountain backdrop.
- Blue sky, fleecy white clouds, buttercup fields, babbling streams - the works.
- Down below, the pastoral green sun-drenched Czech landscape drifting slowly beneath fleecy white clouds - and countless menacing shells were bursting in between.
Words that rhyme with fleecyAssisi, greasy, Tbilisi
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.