- The thick hanging lips of a bloodhound or similar dog.More example sentences
- He cocked his head quizzically and his tongue nervously lapped at his flews.
- A Newfoundland's drop ears also keep out water, and very loose flews allow him to breath while carrying something as he swims.
- The wolf ran his tongue along his flews like a person wetting their lips before the on take of some great feast; to break some fast that plagued his bitter soul.
late 16th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of flewsDefinition of flews in:
- The British & World English dictionary