Definition of flight control in English:
1The activity of directing the movement of aircraft: automatic flight control [as modifier]: the flight-control computer
More example sentences
- Data is still being gathered in the areas of weight and balance, flight control margins, potential for automatic flight control systems malfunction and aircraft performance limitations.
- The automatic flight control system is a dual redundant digital system, which provides autostabilisation and four-axis auto-pilot operation.
- The combined head-up/head-level display is collimated at infinity, and presents data relating to flight control, navigation, target engagement and weapon firing.
1.1A control surface on an aircraft.
- The actual flight controls were little different than the flight controls of atmospheric aircraft.
- ‘The jet was flying pretty well, and the damage had not affected the flight control surfaces or the landing gear,’ Turner said.
- In addition to the flight controls, the control column carried the gun camera switch box, the gunsight switch box and a fluorescent light bulb for the instrument panel.
Definition of flight control in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan