- A member of a flight crew responsible for the aircraft’s engines and other systems during flight.More example sentences
- Engineering Officer Dave Batic, has a long association with the Caribou, having worked with them previously as both an aircraft technician and a flight engineer.
- The aircraft commander, pilot, navigator and flight engineer get the aircraft in and out of the storm safely.
- The aircraft is flown by five crew members: the pilot and co-pilot, flight engineer and two loadmasters.
More definitions of flight engineerDefinition of flight engineer in:
- The British & World English dictionary