(also flight data recorder)
- A device in an aircraft that records technical details during a flight, used in the event of an accident to discover its cause.More example sentences
- It works just like a black box flight recorder in an aircraft.
- At each of the crash sites, rescue workers have been issued with pictures of the black-box flight recorder and the voice recorder, which will give vital clues to investigators trying to reconstruct the last minutes of the doomed flights.
- Smith and Barnette are quick to caution, however, the final animated product is strictly a recreation of events drawn from the flight recorder data.
More definitions of flight recorderDefinition of flight recorder in:
- The British & World English dictionary