- A flight of an aircraft, rocket, or equipment to see how well it functions.More example sentences
- The third development aircraft will enter the flight test programme in 2005.
- Like private pilots, sport pilots will also be required to pass a written exam and pass a practical flight test with an FAA examiner or designee.
- When it came time to flight test the aircraft most people said I should do it myself because that is what I had done in my previous life in the Navy.
verb(flight-test) [with object] Back to top
- Test (an aircraft or rocket) by flying it: (as noun flight-testing) it was undergoing cold-weather flight-testingMore example sentences
- Having flight-tested a long-range rocket over Japan in August 1998, North Korea has since agreed to a moratorium on further tests during the continuation of efforts to improve relations with the U.S.
- A little more than a year before, engineers from GASL, a New York company, had successfully flight-tested a scramjet-powered projectile at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- While they have not flight-tested long-range missiles they have continued research, development, and rocket engine testing.
More definitions of flight testDefinition of flight test in:
- The British & World English dictionary