Definition of flight test in English:
A flight of an aircraft, rocket, or equipment to see how well it functions.
- The third development aircraft will enter the flight test programme in 2005.
- Like private pilots, sport pilots will also be required to pass a written exam and pass a practical flight test with an FAA examiner or designee.
- When it came time to flight test the aircraft most people said I should do it myself because that is what I had done in my previous life in the Navy.
verb(flight-test) [with object] Back to top
Test (an aircraft or rocket) by flying it: (as noun flight-testing) it was undergoing cold-weather flight-testing
More example sentences
- Having flight-tested a long-range rocket over Japan in August 1998, North Korea has since agreed to a moratorium on further tests during the continuation of efforts to improve relations with the U.S.
- A little more than a year before, engineers from GASL, a New York company, had successfully flight-tested a scramjet-powered projectile at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- While they have not flight-tested long-range missiles they have continued research, development, and rocket engine testing.
Definition of flight test in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India