- Denoting a mode of representing numbers as two sequences of bits, one representing the digits in the number and the other an exponent that determines the position of the radix point: speeds of more than one million floating-point operations per second Often contrasted with fixed point (adjective).More example sentences
- Our process has three data types: single floating-point numbers, triplets of numbers and strings.
- And these cameras are cheap, costing no more than a few hundred dollars despite the fact that each runs at more than 50 gigaflops 50 billion floating-point operations per second.
- The rest of the benchmarks we used are all centered on testing the floating-point performance of the CPU by a highly optimized mathematical-based set of benchmarks.
More definitions of floating-pointDefinition of floating-point in:
- The British & World English dictionary