- 1Of flowers: celebrations of the season’s floral abundanceMore example sentences
- Then, what can only be described as a sea of flowers, was laid all around, each floral tribute reverently placed by a member of the Civil Defence.
- British Sea Power have made the first of two floral tributes with a performance at the Chelsea Flower Show and a nice line in wild flowers soon to follow.
- The only floral tribute was a heart made of his favourite flowers, Sweet Williams, and a posy of white roses to represent Yorkshire.
- 1.1Decorated with or depicting flowers: a floral patternMore example sentences
- The vibrant colours of pink, blue and white, decorated with floral patterns, represented the arrival of spring.
- She glanced about the room again, taking in the large bed and dressers all decorated with the same floral pattern as the wallpaper.
- Small newspaper rolls stuck together, decorated with floral patterns are designed to bedeck refrigerators.
- 1.2 Botany Of flora or floras: faunal and floral evolutionMore example sentences
- Mechanisms that prevent selfing and its harmful effects and promote more proficient pollen dispersal have shaped much of floral evolution.
- These are decorated with the floral emblems of Australia and Greece, the wattle and the olive.
- The use of different annealing temperatures made it possible to distinguish clearly between the two floral morphs.
nounBack to top
- A fabric with a floral design.More example sentences
- Classic ticking stripes, florals, and plaids - all linen - revitalize the old spool beds without making them look new.
- Crushed printed sheers on polyester voile also are popular, as are lightweight yarn dyes with top beam plaids accented with woven florals or small designs.
- Overtime, the Bedford's florals and chintz fell out of favor with the artists, art dealers and museum curators who frequented neighborhood theaters, galleries and museums.
- More example sentences
- Accordingly, I would be grateful if businesses in the town, particularly national retailers and banks, could give thought as to how they could florally improve the front of their premises in readiness for next year's judging.
- Trophies will be awarded this year to the top three entrants in each category covering private front gardens, commercial premises' gardens or floral decoration and florally decorated pubs.
- They said: ‘It seems as though a lot of the ideas and work for the improvements florally emanate from the school.’
mid 18th century: from Latin flos, flor- 'flower' + -al.