- A plant, especially a rose, that bears dense clusters of flowers.More example sentences
- Though most of us think of a cut rose as a single flower on the end of a stem, roses that flower in clusters, like floribundas and some climbing roses, look great in vases.
- For many varieties, particularly the old garden roses and many shrubs, climbers, and floribundas, the plants' natural system will prevent winter damage.
- For a spectacular specimen, choose a shrub rose or a floribunda.
late 19th century: modern Latin, feminine (used as a noun) of floribundus 'freely flowering', from Latin flos, flor- 'flower', influenced by Latin abundus 'copious'.
More definitions of floribundaDefinition of floribunda in:
- The British & World English dictionary