- A fleet of ships or boats: a flotilla of cargo boatsMore example sentences
- The Quays welcomed two Galway Hooker sailing boats and a flotilla of sailing vessels were docked at Albert Basin.
- The almost constant vision of a flotilla of ships and boats on Sydney Harbour, shown ad nauseam on Foxtel today, proves that point.
- I finished my tour on the opposite side of Punda from the fort, where a flotilla of sailing boats was moored up on a small waterway off the main harbour.
early 18th century: from Spanish, diminutive of flota 'fleet'.
More definitions of flotillaDefinition of flotilla in:
- The British & World English dictionary