Definition of flower girl in English:
1A young girl who carries flowers or scatters them in front of the bride at a wedding; a child bridesmaid.
- They got to the church and were all immediately herded downstairs into the church basement, along with the bride, the flower girl, the ringbearer and the groomsmen.
- The young flower girl, merely the age of five, had gotten the back of her dress tangled and luckily was caught before proceeding gallantly down the aisle to flash some of the guests.
- They were at a wedding being the flower girl and boy.
2British dated A woman or girl who sells flowers, especially in the street.
- The Mexican woman is a flower girl on the streets of New Orleans.
- We walked to the corner near Baker Street where the man was still talking with the flower girl.
- Bingley Little Theatre stages the play about the phonetics professor who teaches a Cockney flower girl to speak properly.
Definition of flower girl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan