- 1A young girl who carries flowers or scatters them in front of the bride at a wedding; a child bridesmaid.More example sentences
- They got to the church and were all immediately herded downstairs into the church basement, along with the bride, the flower girl, the ringbearer and the groomsmen.
- The young flower girl, merely the age of five, had gotten the back of her dress tangled and luckily was caught before proceeding gallantly down the aisle to flash some of the guests.
- They were at a wedding being the flower girl and boy.
- 2British • dated A woman or girl who sells flowers, especially in the street.More example sentences
- The Mexican woman is a flower girl on the streets of New Orleans.
- We walked to the corner near Baker Street where the man was still talking with the flower girl.
- Bingley Little Theatre stages the play about the phonetics professor who teaches a Cockney flower girl to speak properly.
More definitions of flower girlDefinition of flower girl in:
- The British & World English dictionary