- An ornamental tree grown for its spring blossom, the fruit not being considered edible.
More example sentences
- Genus Prunus, family Rosaceae: several species, in particular P. serrulata and its hybrids
- They planted a spring flowering cherry tree, two buddleia bushes and a laurel bush, along with daffodil bulbs.
- Spring flowering trees such as flowering cherries, plums and apricots should not be pruned during winter, otherwise you will cut off many of the flowers.
- These are gardens for all seasons with the rhododendron dell, the azaleas and flowering cherry trees in spring, and the rose gardens in summer.
More definitions of flowering cherryDefinition of flowering cherry in:
- The British & World English dictionary