- A small songbird with a short bill and tail, feeding chiefly on insects in flowers and found in Australasia and Southeast Asia.
More example sentences
- Family Dicaeidae (the flowerpecker family): two genera, especially Dicaeum. The flowerpecker family also includes the pardalotes and the mistletoe bird
- Fruits displayed on the tips of branches are available primarily to small birds-the flowerpeckers, mynas and delicate, hovering sunbirds that can feed on the wing.
- Just on the other side of one window was a fruiting shrub that attracted two species of leaf birds, as well as orange-bellied flowerpeckers.
- Some groups (e.g. sunbirds, flowerpeckers) have keys to identification.
More definitions of flowerpeckerDefinition of flowerpecker in:
- The British & World English dictionary