verb[with object] (often as adjective flue-cured)
- Cure (tobacco) using heat from pipes or flues connected to a furnace.More example sentences
- ‘Our company will support the establishment of tree nurseries by individual growers to raise and plant trees for their crop flue-cured tobacco this coming growing season 2004 / 05,’ Mr Rusch said.
- At this point of balance, speaking about Chinese smokers who are already in the habit of smoking Chinese style flue-cured tobacco, the choice is for low tar, low hazard cigarettes.
- The company repeatedly showed signs of creativity, including introducing flue-cured tobacco to its South Georgia service territory and installing primitive wind generators on its cabooses for electric lighting.
More definitions of flue-cureDefinition of flue-cure in:
- The British & World English dictionary