- An orange dye with a yellowish-green fluorescence, used as an indicator and tracer.
More example sentences
- A derivative of resorcinol and phthalic anhydride; chemical formula: C20H12O5
- To this purpose we have considered four dyes, namely: indo - 1, rhodamine 6G, fluorescein, and pyrene.
- Quinine bisulfate was used as the standard for the bisbenzimide dyes, for PIH and ethidium bromide the standard used was rhodamine 101 and fluorescein was used for the cyanine dyes.
- Anole splenocytes were phagocytically active and produced copious amounts of nitric oxide following exposure to fluorescein labeled E. coli bioparticles.
More definitions of fluoresceinDefinition of fluorescein in:
- The British & World English dictionary