- 1(Of a person’s skin) red and hot, typically as the result of illness or strong emotion: her flushed cheeksMore example sentences
- Her face had turned from a quiet serene to a flushed surprise.
- Darcy remained steadfastly silent, his countenance unusually flushed.
- His reference intensified the hue of her flushed cheeks.
- 2(Of a person) excited or elated by something: flushed with success, I was getting into my strideMore example sentences
- Penelope herself was beginning to feel rather flushed with success at the table.
- This time, he was peculiarly flushed, leading a colleague to speculate whether he was on something.
- And the cool prose doesn't even hint at the warmth, at the feeling of flushed well-being the drink provides.