- A ball batted high into the air.More example sentences
- Some of my line drives and fly balls that would have been home runs in other ballparks were against the fence for doubles in Washington.
- The batter hits a fly ball to the center fielder who thinks his catch would make it three nuts.
- Basically, Rusch is a guy who gives up a disproportionate number of line drives, and line drives aren't converted to outs nearly as frequently as grounders or fly balls.
More definitions of fly ballDefinition of fly ball in:
- The British & World English dictionary