(also flying bridge)
- An open deck above the main bridge of a vessel such as a yacht or cabin cruiser, typically equipped with duplicate controls.More example sentences
- My preference would be to sacrifice the lower helm and enclose the flybridge for protection in inclement weather.
- I can just imagine a big lever set in the deck on the flybridge, one direction marked ‘FULL NOISE’ and the other direction labelled ‘QUIET’.
- One word of caution: while underway, loading the flybridge to its maximum capacity with adults will result in a tendency of the boat to roll out or away from the direction in which it is being turned.
More definitions of flybridgeDefinition of flybridge in:
- The British & World English dictionary