noun (plural flybys)
- A flight past a point, especially the close approach of a spacecraft to a planet or moon for observation.More example sentences
- When Europe's comet-chasing spacecraft Rosetta swings by Earth on 4 March 2005, it will perform the closest fly-by of our home planet ever conducted by ESA.
- The two close fly-bys of Saturn's moon Enceladus by the NASA / ESA / ASI Cassini spacecraft have revealed that it has a significant atmosphere.
- With each close fly-by of a planet, it receives an energy boost because of the planet's gravitational pull.
More definitions of flybyDefinition of flyby in:
- The British & World English dictionary