- A tree-dwelling lemurlike mammal with a membrane between the fore- and hind limbs for gliding from tree to tree. It is nocturnal and native to Southeast Asia. Also called colugo.
More example sentences
- Family Cynocephalidae and genus Cynocephalus, order Dermoptera: two species
- On the other hand, in Euarchontoglires (rodents, rabbits, primates, flying lemurs, and tree shrews), all recognized Alu-SINE subfamilies are distributed exclusively among primate genomes.
- The most common assumption from anatomical evidence has been that they group with primates, flying lemurs, and tree shrews, forming the Archonta.
- They proposed a monophyletic clade that includes primates, the tree shrew, the flying lemur, rabbit, and rodents.
More definitions of flying lemurDefinition of flying lemur in:
- The British & World English dictionary