- A greenish semiarboreal Southeast Asian snake that can glide down from a tree in a stiff horizontal position, with the belly hollowed to slow its descent.
More example sentences
- Chrysopelea ornata, family Colubridae
- Join us each day for stories about serpents, from flying snakes to Vietnamese cobras and North American copperheads.
- Like most other snakes, a flying snake is roughly circular in cross section.
- Like more familiar gliders, such as flying squirrels, flying snakes are not actually able to fly upward.
More definitions of flying snakeDefinition of flying snake in:
- The British & World English dictionary