Definition of flying snake in English:
A greenish semiarboreal Southeast Asian snake that can glide down from a tree in a stiff horizontal position, with the belly hollowed to slow its descent.
- Chrysopelea ornata, family Colubridae
- Join us each day for stories about serpents, from flying snakes to Vietnamese cobras and North American copperheads.
- Like most other snakes, a flying snake is roughly circular in cross section.
- Like more familiar gliders, such as flying squirrels, flying snakes are not actually able to fly upward.
Definition of flying snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan