noun (plural flyleaves /-ˌlēvz/)
- A blank page at the beginning or end of a book.More example sentences
- This begins to explain why, on the flyleaves of many books by internationally known Caribbean authors, it is not uncommon to find a dedication to Henry Swanzy.
- In fact all photographs of the author in the flyleaves of books in his lengthy series are ambiguous.
- Yet the flyleaf describes this book as a ‘haunting memoir [that] weaves together the life of a mother and daughter caught in the web of that mother's ambition.’
More definitions of flyleafDefinition of flyleaf in:
- The British & World English dictionary