1A tiny stain made by the excrement of an insect.
- The image is clean and sharp for the most part, with only random flaws from the source print - some graininess, a few flyspecks - cropping up here and there.
- It's clear from flyspecks and other physical evidence that the mummies were kept above ground for months or years before burial.
- There you have it - the two sources of flyspecks - saliva and fecal matter.
1.1A thing that is contemptibly small or insignificant: a sleepy flyspeck of a town
More example sentences
- What happens on the remoter flyspecks in the American archipelago remains largely a closed book.
- Strictly on the facts of the case, they are correct: The American archipelago is just a series of flyspecks compared to its Soviet predecessor.
- What happened to the family of a gold-toothed Japanese soldier who died so horribly on a flyspeck of a Pacific island?
- Example sentences
- Beneath flyspecked sash windows and an array of rusting metal advertisements stood a row of block-ice coolers.
- It's all there: the dust, the cattle, the brush, the waitress in the coffee shop with the flyspecked windows.
- She turns to the flyspecked oval mirror, tilted against the wall.
Definition of flyspeck in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.