- A heavy revolving wheel in a machine that is used to increase the machine’s momentum and thereby provide greater stability or a reserve of available power during interruptions in the delivery of power to the machine.More example sentences
- These are the ones with a fixed wheel and a heavy flywheel with loads of centrifugal force.
- Also, flywheels can increase vehicle efficiency in both battery powered and hybrid vehicles.
- Lie, cheat, fix the rules, buy influence and ensure, always ensure, that a government's political outlook fits like a flywheel to your corporate machine.
More definitions of flywheelDefinition of flywheel in:
- The British & World English dictionary