Definition of fogbound in English:
1Unable to travel or function normally because of thick fog.
- A sizable section of the French team was fogbound on the Faroe Islands yesterday.
- Through the closed windows came the occasional ‘peep’ of a fogbound wayfarer whistling for a hansom.
- In its own insidious way, the movie exerts an oneiric pull, as hypnotic as the sight of Skull Island from the deck of the fogbound Venture.
1.1Enveloped or obscured by fog: a fogbound forest
More example sentences
- Despite the fogbound capital, the event, held at the Petone rugby clubrooms, was a cracker.
- I'm heading 5373 miles west to spend Easter in fogbound San Francisco, because I can.
- Episode 1 begins in fogbound East London, with Coal Hill School teachers Ian and Barbara concerned for the welfare of one of their brightest students.
Words that rhyme with fogboundstormbound
Definition of fogbound in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan