Definition of fogbound in English:
1Unable to travel or function normally because of thick fog.
- A sizable section of the French team was fogbound on the Faroe Islands yesterday.
- Through the closed windows came the occasional ‘peep’ of a fogbound wayfarer whistling for a hansom.
- In its own insidious way, the movie exerts an oneiric pull, as hypnotic as the sight of Skull Island from the deck of the fogbound Venture.
1.1Enveloped or obscured by fog: a fogbound forest
More example sentences
- Despite the fogbound capital, the event, held at the Petone rugby clubrooms, was a cracker.
- I'm heading 5373 miles west to spend Easter in fogbound San Francisco, because I can.
- Episode 1 begins in fogbound East London, with Coal Hill School teachers Ian and Barbara concerned for the welfare of one of their brightest students.
Definition of fogbound in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.