- 1The liver of a specially fattened goose or duck prepared as food.More example sentences
- The most well-known use for foie gras is the pate de foie gras, a rich pate containing at least 80% foie gras.
- Chef Dan Barber tells the story of a small farm in Spain that has found a humane way to produce foie gras.
- 1.1 short for pâté de foie gras.More example sentences
- I'm very surprised because she clearly ate the entire ravioli dish, foie gras and all.
- In France dinner is always at a restaurant and I normally order foie gras and a sirloin steak.
- A pressed slab of ham hock and foie gras were correct enough and their accompanying home-made piccalilli was bravely sour.
French, 'fat liver'.
More definitions of foie grasDefinition of foie gras in:
- The British & World English dictionary