- 1Of or resembling a leaf or leaves.More example sentences
- The large elongated conical monopleurid, Petalodontiafelixi, has an exterior marked by strong foliaceous growth rugae and indistinct longitudinal ribs.
- Ulva (sea lettuce) and Enteromorpha (gut weed) are cosmopolitan, intertidal marine algae that display a foliaceous morphology in their natural environment.
- 1.1chiefly Geology Consisting of thin sheets or laminae.More example sentences
- The distribution of species colony forms in the ordination suggests that the Tamana faunules are distinguished by more foliaceous species.
- We observe many small, colorless scales of a foliaceous mineral.
mid 17th century: from Latin foliaceus 'leafy' (from folium 'leaf') + -ous.
More definitions of foliaceousDefinition of foliaceous in:
- The British & World English dictionary