Nutrients supplied to the leaves of a plant.
- I've also given the pepper plants a magnesium foliar feed as one of them has leaves which are turning yellow.
- Ferrous sulphate applied as a foliar feed works well also, because the leaf uptake portion is quick.
- Here at the Natural Gardener, we use John's Recipe as a foliar feed every other week through out the year.
foliar feeding noun
- Example sentences
- Using liquid fertilizer for foliar feeding also helps him get better nutrient uptake in the turfgrass.
- When variegated plants are too white, foliar feeding with fish emulsion or other high nitrogen fertilizer will ‘green up’ the leaves.
- We have to keep wetting agents on them and do foliar feeding.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: fo·li·ar feed
Definition of foliar feed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.