Definition of foliar feed in English:
Nutrients supplied to the leaves of a plant.
- I've also given the pepper plants a magnesium foliar feed as one of them has leaves which are turning yellow.
- Ferrous sulphate applied as a foliar feed works well also, because the leaf uptake portion is quick.
- Here at the Natural Gardener, we use John's Recipe as a foliar feed every other week through out the year.
foliar feeding noun
- Example sentences
- Using liquid fertilizer for foliar feeding also helps him get better nutrient uptake in the turfgrass.
- When variegated plants are too white, foliar feeding with fish emulsion or other high nitrogen fertilizer will ‘green up’ the leaves.
- We have to keep wetting agents on them and do foliar feeding.
Definition of foliar feed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan