Definition of foliated in English:
1.1 Architecture Decorated with foils or conventionalized leaves.
- The Virginia governor's house is almost delicate with its swag panels, foliated capitals atop the porch columns, and leaded glass side.
- The ornament includes foliated rails below, cast and fabricated foliated column capitals, and the arches themselves.
1.2chiefly Geology Consisting of thin sheets or laminae.
- On the northern side of the volcanic sequence, the rocks are weakly foliated with foliation dipping to the south or SW.
- The sample of Omonville granodiorite was collected from the foliated felsic phase of the intrusion at Pointe Jardeheu.
- The carbonates in the footwall are strongly foliated and sheared parallel to the thrust.
Definition of foliated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.