Definition of folky in English:
adjective (folkier, folkiest)
Another term for folksy or folkish.
- I've shifted from being all Gaelic to being a mixture of both, but in a folky way.
- It starts off with a 1: 30-long track that's just handclaps and vocals, but doesn't sound particularly folky.
- Although Copperspine is happy with this recent success, it's business as usual for them - they're sticking to their artist-centred, folky guns.
- Example sentences
- Fundamentally this album reminds me of the raw, languid folkiness of Beth Orton.
- Instead, he favours earnest folkiness, drawn from the less fashionable end of the late - 60s singer-songwriter boom.
- Again, here's some much-needed folkiness that Molly can't seem to deliver: When I was growing up in Samson, Alabama, there wasn't much to do.
Definition of folky in:
- British & World English dictionary