- A parasitic mite that burrows into the hair follicles, causing demodectic mange.
More example sentences
- Genus Demodex, family Demodicidae
- One of my favourites is a follicle mite, a weird little critter with a long, thin body perfectly suited to its favourite habitat, the hair follicles on our faces.
- Some researchers theorize that follicle mites may even benefit us in ways we do not yet understand.
- Accumulation of waste material of the follicle mite may occur in affected follicles or sebaceous glands.
More definitions of follicle miteDefinition of follicle mite in:
- The British & World English dictionary