Definition of follicle mite in English:
A parasitic mite that burrows into the hair follicles, causing demodectic mange.
- Genus Demodex, family Demodicidae
- One of my favourites is a follicle mite, a weird little critter with a long, thin body perfectly suited to its favourite habitat, the hair follicles on our faces.
- Some researchers theorize that follicle mites may even benefit us in ways we do not yet understand.
- Accumulation of waste material of the follicle mite may occur in affected follicles or sebaceous glands.
Definition of follicle mite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan