Definition of follicle mite in English:
A parasitic mite that burrows into the hair follicles, causing demodectic mange.
- Genus Demodex, family Demodicidae
- One of my favourites is a follicle mite, a weird little critter with a long, thin body perfectly suited to its favourite habitat, the hair follicles on our faces.
- Some researchers theorize that follicle mites may even benefit us in ways we do not yet understand.
- Accumulation of waste material of the follicle mite may occur in affected follicles or sebaceous glands.
Definition of follicle mite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.