- A dish in which small pieces of food are dipped into a hot sauce or a hot cooking medium such as oil or broth: a Swiss cheese fondueMore example sentences
- Pour fondue into the béchamel soup (still warming over the boiling water).
- For the tomato fondue, in a medium saucepan, heat the oil over low heat.
- It can also be used in various recipes like nachos, fajitas, quesadillas and fondues.
French, feminine past participle of fondre 'to melt'.
More definitions of fondueDefinition of fondue in:
- The British & World English dictionary