- A Chinese dish or sauce made with egg as a main ingredient.More example sentences
- We have a habit in this country of transforming even the simplest culinary import (Neapolitan pizza, Cantonese egg foo yong) into a bland, bulky version of its former self.
- For the egg foo yong, in a medium sauté pan, heat one tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- According to our server at Lotus Hunan, it's because egg foo yong takes so much more time to cook than typical Chinese restaurant dishes that are prepared quickly by deep-frying or stir-frying.
from Chinese (Cantonese dialect) foō yung, literally 'hibiscus'.
More definitions of foo yongDefinition of foo yong in:
- The British & World English dictionary